If you are looking to conduct your own research, here’s a few pointers we can provide:
- Some of our history is available on this site, including profiles of persons of note and the building itself.
- Our own bibliography has a lot of useful books and articles you can start with.
- There are several oral histories available, of which you can preview the abstracts.
- Out of Mind, Out of Sight by Wendy Hunter Williams looks at the history of Porirua Hospital. The book is for sale at the museum, or we can post one to you if you get in touch.
- Social Work at Porirua Hospital by Judith Edmonds is a paper looking at social workers in the history of the hospital and community.
- Below are some suggested links and external sites for more information.
If all else fails, please feel free to contact us.